32F429I-DISCOVERY, NETMF 4.3 and Gadgeteer

Yes. Indeed Windows can see 2 usb devices: the st-link debugger and NETMF_Discovery USB device (the one using WinUSB driver).

Does anybody know how MFDeploy detects USB NETMF-enabled devices?

I believe there is a bug in the st-link driver that sometimes will hide the NETMF device from MFDeploy (or VS).

Try powering your Discovery device via an external powersource. (Using the 5v and GND pinouts)

-Matt

Youā€™re absolutely right!

Thanks!

Could you please elaborate a little more your explanation?

Iā€™m a little confused about some of the specs of the Discovery board. It has 64megabits of SDRAM, which is 8mb. Why spec in megabits? Also 256K RAM and 2mb flash seems low compared to most GHI offerings.

Someone please enlighten me. :slight_smile:

Donā€™t know why they donā€™t simply use MB for the SDRAM. This is external RAM, in a separate memory chip. The 256 KB RAM and 2 MB flash are [em]internal[/em] memories of the microcontroller chip. They are on the high side, you need to compare them to FEZ Cerberus, Cerbuino, etc. which have no external RAM, 64 KB less on-chip RAM and half as much on-chip flash.

Compare prices, and prepare for enlightenment :wink:

Been meaning to ask, howā€™s this effort progressing?

@ sam_simsim -

Welcome to the forum butā€¦

You are cross-posting, please start a new thread in the correct forumā€¦ donā€™t just add questions to existing posts that are absolutely not related to your question.