1Ghz Beagle for $45

@ godefroi - Yes, the people on this forum have chosen to use NETMF and GHI products. That’s why they participate in this forum, and it explains why they are so enthusiastic about their choice. There is no lack of education or knowledge on our part. We’ve all made a considered decision based on our education and knowledge to use NETMF and GHI products instead of Arduino, Netduino, or a Linux based products. We all have our opinions, but we are all open-minded, and all opinions are welcome on this forum. Please don’t degrade people for voicing their opinions.

1 Like

Because people around here are not as close minded as you would like to believe.

2 Likes

We all like interesting technology and it’s all about horses for courses…

Bit like this image really :smiley:

2 Likes

@ Justing, Lolz.

@ juzzer

1 Like

Looks even better “in person” :smiley:

1 Like

Funny, there’s a story inside our company exactly about embedded Linux vs. NETMF :slight_smile:

Initiallly, we shipped a few lasers with Linux inside. On an Atom CPU, so it was a truly expensive powerhouse.

And then I found .NET and EMX. We ordered a couple of devboards, and in one hour I had it connected to our working laser - reading CAN messages, displaying something on the screen and reacting to touchscreen. Electronics R&D department gathered around my table (an occasional linux coder, a couple FPGA coders and the grand chief engineer, company owner, and bearing in mind I was still a freshman, that was really freaking me out), and it was like “WOW… You did that in ONE HOUR?..”.

Embedded Linux days were immediately over.

Why? Because EMX boots in five seconds, not two minutes :slight_smile:

Otherwise yes, embedded Linux is a good thing.

8 Likes

@ Simon from Vilnius - Great story!

@ Simon from Vilnius -

same story at my company, prev board was a custom linux, when i first showed on board debugging, woawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

@ Simon from Vilnius - Wow, great story.