1 Second Rubik's Cube Solver

Uh-mazing…

6 Likes

I have mixed feelings about it… on one hand, an absolutely stunning piece of work. On the other, it’s a shame they had to modify the cube. I’m not sure it’s possible to accomplish this sort of performance on an unmodified cube, however…

1 Like

I have to agree. To be considered the fastest at solving the cube, we humans do not insert our fingers into the cube to rotate it. Grant it, the tech is solving it very fast, however, it is not humanly possible to do what they are doing. So any record should reflect the instrument such as fastest human solve, fastest machine solve, and then fastest machine solve - cube modified. Frankly, it is not fair to the machines that do not insert directly into the cube when most of the others use either suction cups or pressure grips.

1 Like

My thought here was always that if you have to modify a standard cube, you’d have a hard time claiming a world record. Different story if you’re using a standard cube. Perhaps that’s even in the rules that our friends from Guiness (not the beer kind either) would say.

1 Like